Easy 20-Minute Chili
My mom and grandma have been making this chili my whole life and it now has become my goto for a fast family meal.
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds Ground Beef or ground turkey
- 2 Cans Tomato sauce (Hunts)
- 2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Cans Stewed Tomatoes (Hunts)
- 1 Diced Onion Yellow
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 packets McCormick Chili Seasoning
- Lawrys Seasoning Salt
- Garlic powder
- Place Ground beef in a pan with the diced up onion, and minced garlic and began cooking on medium to high heat.
- For the seasoning I use Lawry's seasoning salt and garlic powder. When seasoning the meat you want to make sure all of the meat has some sort of seasoning on it. It's all about preference.
- While the meat is cooking drain all of the beans. If you've ever used canned beans you'll notice that there is like a slimy juice in the can so you will want to make sure to drain all of the juices out of the beans and set them aside for later.
- Once the meat is all done cooking you will want to drain all of the greases out in a strainer and then place the meat into a pot and began adding in the other ingredients. Add the tomato sauce, The kidney beans, the stewed tomatoes and the seasoning packets.
- Once the meat, seasoning, and all of the other ingredients are incorporated and heated up its time to eat.
This is my Cheat to making chili While most recipes will have you measuring out cumin and chili powder I perfer a seasoning packet,Its fast and efficient. This chili is not spicy nor sweet so to make it how you want it you may have to add more seasonings. To make it spicy you can use a spicy seasoning (McCormick) packet or add 1/4 tsp cayenne and or 1/2 tsp Chipolte seasoning. I perfer Mine sweet so I usually add butter and a sugar to my own bowl of chili. Enjoy!